Smudging A Room
1. Physically clean the room that you wish to smudge and open a window or door so that any negative energy can find a way out of the room.
2. Focus your intention on cleansing the energy of the room.
3. Light one end of your sage smudge stick with a match and place the smudge stick on a heat-resistant plate. The embers of the sage will produce smoke. If your sage is burning with an open flame, blow out the flame so that the embers remain.
4. Walk slowly around the room with the plate, using your hands to wave the smoke from the sage throughout the room.
5. Sense any areas of the room in which the energy feels stagnant and wage more safe smoke into these areas.
6. Walk around the room a final time with your smudge stick. Attract positive energy’s into the room by focusing your intention on creating a purified and spiritual place.